Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Puppy Snuggler by Day, Gal about Town by Night..

Hi There!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and for those of you here in NJ/NY, I hope that you had a nice snow day/work from home day yesterday!

027

I must admit that my work ensemble was quite cozy yesterday.


013


I babysat this little devil over the weekend. PJ's best friend moved to Jersey City, so we offered to take his little monster for the day so that he could get things done without a rambunctious pup frolicking around the apartment! My gosh, this little guy has SO much energy. I envisioned snuggling him on the couch all day, but he and Toby played for about 5 hours straight. It was cute, but two dogs running around a small apartment can be a bit chaotic. I told PJ that babysitting Oliver, who is six months old, was good puppy birth control for me. I am used to taking  Toby out about 2-3 times per day (and let's be honest, I make PJ do most of the walking), but puppies need to go out like 7! They get happy, they pee! They jump too high, they pee! The wind blows, they pee!Aside from the happy piddles, it really was a super fun afternoon, though.


014



Smooches.


008

 

 

A few short moments of slumber.


pure food and wine


(photo credit: organicyourlife.com)


On Saturday night, my friend LL and I headed out for dinner and drinks. I had been wanting to try an upscale veggie/vegan place in the city to see what the cuisine would be like , so we settled on Pure Food and Wine.


sex-city-great-sexpectations_400



When I made the reservation, I had visions of the infamous Sex and the City episode where the gals go to the raw restaurant that Samantha meets Smith at.


great-sexpectations-1024Miranda and Carrie are so repulsed by the cuisine that they go out for pizza afterwards. I am happy to report that our experience was much better than Carrie and Miranda's, although I did have my doubts at first.


018


Wild Arugula, Curly Red Mustard Greens and Fresh Figs
apple, buckwheat poppy crunch, orange mascarpone, citrus poppy dressing


mushroom



Photo Credit: littlebigthingsinnyc.com


Portabella Mushroom with Cauliflower and Horseradish Aioli 
kale chimichurri, mango salsa, barbecue sauce, haricots verts


taco


Photo Credit: littlebigthingsinnyc.com


Hen of the Woods Tacos al Pastor
smoked guacamole, hearts of palm, fresh corn, guajillo crema fresca, pickled onions


020



Layered Gingerbread Cake with Bourbon Cream 
cinnamon-spice snap cookie, pumpkin ice cream, warm cranberry-apple cider


I snagged a couple pics (with photo cred of course) because mine came out too dark. I prefer not to distract from my dining experience by spending time on snapping the perfect pic of my dish. I will say that I totally forgot that the food I was eating was vegan. Each course we was SO flavorful and fresh, and there were a plethora of different flavors and consistencies combined in each dish. I will say that the menu was a little $$ for not including any meat or dairy, but the whole dining experience was great, so I didn't mind paying a little extra.


024After dinner, Le- La and I walked around the city for a bit (mostly because we couldn't figure out how to get to where we were going) and stopped at the Flatiron Lounge for a cocktail flight. Unfortunately, the drinks looked much prettier than they tasted. O well!


026



Ok, time to go. I'm actually heading out of town for a few days of work meetings, so I will probably catch you all on Friday. Toby is hoping that I will mistake him for a sweater and pack him in my suitcase.


Something to think about:


sometimes


* This little nugget is a great seguey into my next post :)


Be Good!


xo


Sarah







No comments:

Post a Comment